söndag 18 februari 2018

I finally made jeans!

It's been on my to do list for ages, and I finally did it! And, even better, they fit really well!
I've sewn jeans for the kids before, but not to myself. I like the process with sewing jeans, with all the details and top stitching. It does take some time, but it's worth it at the end.
The pattern I used is from Ottobre design, no. 5/2017. I started with a size 40 and did some adjustments, mainly adjusting the waist since they were way to wide. I took in about 2 cm in each side and also a few centimeters in the centre back. These adjustments gave a more curved waistband, and that really helps with getting rid of the gaping waistband in the back that I always struggle with when buying jeans. Other adjustments were letting out the side seams a bit at the hips and shortening the front crotch, both by taking in the inner seam a centimeter and wedging out one more centimeter beneath the fly. I also made a minor adjustment to the back crotch seam, scooping it out a few millimeters.
Of course things can always get better, but these are wearable as for now. The back pockets are a bit small and a more standard shape of the front pockets might fit me better. They also turned out a bit on the short side, so I hope they don't shrink to much in the wash, I've prewashed the fabric but just once. I'm thinking about testing another jeans pattern next time, maybe the Ginger jeans from Closet Case patterns.








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar