onsdag 27 februari 2019

Parasol trousers


First garment sewn from my MakeNine list for 2019 was these Parasol trousers from Ensemble patterns. The pattern also contains a jump suit pattern, but that's not something I can see myself wearing. I really like the style of the trousers though with the wide legs, the side pockets and the high waist without a waistband. The trousers have no side seams they are instead constructed with a seam at the center of the leg, both in the back and in the front.
I used an old black twill with some stretch, probably bought from Stoff & Stil some years ago. I have realized, however, that the fabric is not the best, especially not in black since it attracts all lint and dust in the surroundings - lets just say that I'm glad I don't have any hairy pets :)
I sewed up a size 6 and graded down one size in the waist. Initially had some serious problems with a lot of extra fabric in the back leg giving strange drag lines from the front hip back to the knee. Got rid of some of it by doing a fish eye dart adjustment in the back, so the fit now is ok I think. The fit in the waist and the hips are is better than expected. I also adjusted the crotch length a bit by lowering the crotch seam about 1 cm and took in the front inner seam about 1.5 cm.
I struggled a lot with the fit and also had some problems with the instructions, but I learned a lot and they turned out ok int the end. 







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar