onsdag 5 september 2018

Summer sewing

Now that the summer is coming to an end it's time to sum up what was made sewing wise. This summer was the warmest since at least 1756 here in Stockholm, and that did call for summer clothes.
I continued this years pants-sewing with two pair of shorts, both from the same pattern,  Burdastyle, no 3/2011. The original pattern has side seem pockets but I modified them for the second pair to more jeans style pockets. The first pair was made in a thinner denim that has been in my stash forever and the second pair was made in a plaid linen/cotton mix bought from Stoff&Stil last year.
I sewed a size 38 and graded out to size 40 over the hips. The fit is in general good, but the back crotch seem might need some modification. They have been worn a lot, and was really well worth the effort.



I've also sewn two tops. Both are made in viscose jersey and the patterns are from Ottobre design. The short sleeved top with a V-neck is from no. 2/2014 and the the tank top is from no. 5/2017.
I sewed a size 38 in both tops, with no modifications. I had som troubles with getting the gathering around the V-neck looking good, and the V-neck could have been a little bit deeper but it's still perfectly ok. The tank top is with side panels, that really doesn't show in this snake jersey, but could probably be good for some colour blocking. It also gives a more figure hugging fit which I like for tank tops. The only thing I would change if I make it again is to make the armscye a bit deeper. The pattern might also be a good candidate for sewing some active wear tops.


Now I've started planning for some autumn sewing, but have no concrete plans at the moment. I would really like to make some sort of outer wear, more jeans are always needed and of course warmer tops and sweaters. Decisions, decisions ...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar